24-Hour Global Kangaroo-a-thon on World Prematurity Day (Nov. 17, 2023)
This year, we continue with the theme of World Prematurity Day as Kangaroo Care. Let's work together and have a friendly global competition and see how many hours of kangaroo care we can do together in one day (November 17.)
Easy registration! Place this item and checkout to receive more information, resources, and a project plan that will make participation easy.
Not sure if you have time or resources to make it work? Register, look at the plan, and then decide if your team participates and submit your results to be counted on November 17th.
Let's do this!
Kangaroo Care Day hosts the
24-hour Global Kangaroo-a-thon on World Prematurity Day!
Registration closes on November 15th, 2023
Participate on Nov 17, and submit your results by Nov 30, 3023
REGISTER YOUR TEAM:
WHAT RESULTS DOES EACH TEAM SUBMIT?
Since we have different sizes of units, we will ask for four numbers from every team, and we will calculate the rest:We provide the excel to make it easy for you.
- TEAM SIZE: Number of babies in the team or census
- SESSIONS DURATION: Total duration of kangaroo care in minutes
- NUMBER OF SESSIONS: Total number of kangaroo care sessions
- BABIES HELD: Number of babies held in kangaroo care
WHO WINS? :
- Kangaroo Care CHAMPIONS: The highest Team Average of KC (SESSIONS DURATION divided by TEAM SIZE)
- Longest sessions: SESSIONS DURATION divided by BABIES HELD
- Most babies held: BABIES HELD divided by TEAM SIZE
- Number of Teams
- Total Babies Participating: Add TEAM SIZE
- Duration of Kangaroo Care: add SESSIONS DURATION
- Total Number of Sessions: Add all
- NUMBER OF SESSIONS
- Total Babies held in Kangaroo Care: Add BABIES HELD
Every team will receive a participation certificate via email, giving fabulous bragging rights.
The winners will be featured everywhere we announce the result on this website, social media, our newsletter, and they will receive a certificate.
Hosted by the International Kangaroo Care Awareness Day (May 15)