Kangaroo Mascot Contest Announcement
We are going to have a kangaroo/joey mascot to use to celebrate the 10th Annual Kangaroo Care Day
OBJECTIVE: We are looking for designs of a kangaroos/joeys to be our mascot for Kangaroo Care Day.
CONTEST: submit your cute, imperfect, colorful, innovative illustrations of a kangaroo/joey in a reading pose (see example below)
USE: we will be printing them in cards, posters, banners, using them in the website, educational materials etc, and distribute globally for free to celebrate Kangaroo Care Day.
- We accept concepts, drafts, or full design, color of kangaroo/joey design(s)
- Submit your own design of one kangaroo/baby pose reading. Knowing that, about 10-15 different poses will be required from the winner design.
- Vibrant colors are preferred, avoid orange body or pastel blue/pink
- Expressive face (could it be shown excited, scared, sad, sleeping, calm?)
- Also 3 dimensional as it will be shown in poses from the front, side, and sometimes from the back.
- Must have Kangaroo and the baby/joey in every design.
- Use minimalistic backgrounds if you think it will help your design.
- Avoid static, cold, unexpressive, symmetric designs.
- Cannot copy or resemble existing kangaroo clipart - we are not looking for cartoons or cliparts but for illustration.
- Want it doing human-like activities, imperfect, uplifting design is preferred.
WINNERS: We will select 3 finalists who will have the opportunity to submit 1-2 more designs doing different activities. From those we will select the winner and request the development of 10-15 different poses.
PRIZES: We will acknowledge the winners in the website, and provide a budget for the additional development of the different poses.
- It must be original design (not copied)
- The copyright/commercial must be released to Kangaroo Care Day
- Void where prohibited
we found this kangaroo/joey in the style we like but it is copyrighted, but it has a lot of the elements we are looking for. Design away!