Welcome to the 24-Hour Global Kangaroo-a-thon on World Prematurity Day (Nov. 17 local time)
Please be prompt in submitting your results after Nov. 17th so we can tally and present them at the Kangaroo Care Mother Care Conference on November 22, 2022, in Madrid, Spain. We will also send an email to you and post it on social media and www.kangaroo.care.
Thank you for participating in the 24-hour Global Kangaroo-a-thon on World Prematurity Day (Nov. 17th, your local time). Please invite other teams to visit our homepage and register www.kangaroo.care
These resources will make your kangaroo-a-thon easy, effective, fun, and successful.
- Download, Print, and Post the Countdown (PDF)
- Download the Welcome Packet: the Team Leader Project Calendar, Project Plan, Flyer, and Tracking Cards (last update: Oct. 29, 2022)
- Project Plan (updated Nov. 15)
- Parents may track the sessions of Kangaroo Care using the Tracking Cards provided, or they may use the free The Zaky® mobile app
- On November 17, 18 or 19, click here to submit the team results. Please be prompt in submitting your results after Nov. 17th so we can tally and present them at the Kangaroo Care Mother Care Conference on November 22, 2022, in Madrid, Spain. We will also send an email to you and post it on social media and www.kangaroo.care.
- Request volunteers to celebrate (we offer free resources to download and print)
- Ask local businesses, hospital admin, etc., to donate items for the winners in your team
- Contact your hospital's marketing and ask them to share the kangaroo-a-thon with your local media. They are always looking for local good news.
- Visit https://kangaroo.care/blogs/kangaroo-care-day for ideas on celebrating the day in your unit.
WHAT RESULTS DO YOU SUBMIT?
- TEAM SIZE (number of babies in the team/census)
- DURATION of kangaroo care in minutes (add from the tracking cards)
- NUMBER OF SESSIONS of kangaroo (add from the tracking cards)
- NUMBER OF BABIES HELD in kangaroo care (count the number of cards filled)
- Kangaroo Care CHAMPION: Highest Team Average of KC (SESSIONS DURATION divided by TEAM SIZE). This winner receives the educational program (valued at $1,000) donated by the Foundation for Premature Infants.
- Longest sessions: SESSIONS DURATION divided by BABIES HELD
- Most babies held: BABIES HELD divided by TEAM SIZE
- Number of Teams
- Total Babies Participating: Add TEAM SIZE
- Total Duration of Kangaroo Care: add SESSIONS DURATION
- Total Number of Sessions: Add all NUMBER OF SESSIONS
- Total Babies held in Kangaroo Care: Add BABIES HELD
|Nurtured by Design is donating one The Zaky® ROO to each team that submits the complete team results before Nov. 19, 2022.
Shipping fee is not included (about $5-7 in the USA, international depends on destination)